Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Montserrat -1

23 April 2012 - Montserrat
8" x 10", acrylic on paper 
On one day during our visit to Barcelona the husband and I took the train out to Montserrat.  We rode the cable-car up to the Monestir de Montserrat, and from there we hiked up winding paths leading to the mountain peaks.  It was way cool.  I've been mostly painting views of the hike up rather than the spectacular views the paths eventually led to.  Part of that is because I'm apparently rather obsessed with paths, and also because I don't think my attempt at painting the panoramic views would do justice to them (I did try one, which I'll post later).  Here are photographs of some of the views, taken both by myself and my husband:
view from the cable-car

looking back at Monestir de Montserrat toward the beginning our hike

the view even higher up

another view

stairs leading down from the peak of Sant Jeroni, 1,236 meters (4,055 feet) above sea-level

No comments:

Post a Comment