Saturday, November 6, 2010

Virtual Paintout submission - Rio de Janeiro

I submitted this to Bill Guffey's November Virtual Paintout.  It's a view off Avenida Borges de Medeiros.
5 November 2010
7" x 10", acrylic on paper
I painted a couple of other Rio de Janeiro views for good measure (or excessive measure, perhaps); this first is a bit down the street from the pier view.
5 November 2010
7" x 10", acrylic on paper
And this one is a beachfront seen from Avenida Portugal.
4 November 2010
7" x 10", acrylic on paper

2 comments:

  1. Margaret, I popped on over here from the Virtual Paintout blog. I LOVE your acrylic painting! I too, painted one using acrylic paint on paper. Wasn't Rio an interesting place to wander on Google Maps? I have a feeling that I will paint a few more too... These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roberta! I agree, Rio had some spectacular views to paint. I imagine it would be even better in real life. I hope I'll see more of your paintings of Rio and elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete