Wednesday, February 9, 2011

the newer paintings on show at Vivace

Here's an inventory of paintings showing at Vivace I haven't posted on this blog yet.

This first one is of a beach on Kaua'i, from our 2007 visit.
29 January 2011
5" x 7", acrylic on paper
gifted

This next one is a smaller version of a painting I'd done earlier, of a view near Red Beach on the Greek island of Santorini.  I went for easier-to-frame 8"x10" size.
2 February 2011
8" x 10", acrylic on paper
sold
Here it is at Vivace.

This next one is also a second - much smaller - version of one I painted back in June 2010 (posted in July), of a service road leading up to the Portland International Rose Test Garden.
2 February 2011
5" x 7", acrylic on paper

Like the previous two, this last one is also a reworking, painted on a more standard 11" x 14" size.  The previous versions were painted over a year ago, 18 January 2010 (posted in February 2010) and 5 October 2009 (posted January 2010).  It's interesting in a self-absorbed sort of way to see how my painting style has gradually changed over the year...
3 February 2011
11" x 14", acrylic on paper

The painting I posted yesterday is of the Sosogi Coast on the Noto Peninsula in Japan, from my visit there long ago during my student days.

1 comment: